My workshops are for all levels and abilities. Some are specifically aimed at beginners and others at a more advanced level. My workshops are very informal and you will work at your own level and pace, there is no pressure.
I prefer to work with smaller groups, maximum 8 people, just so that each person has time to learn, share and explore the techniques fully, in the time allocated.
Below is just a taster of the workshops I can offer.
Workshops can be half or full day, or run over a number of weeks.
Please contact me for details of costs and any other questions you may have.
1. Basic hand embroidery stitches and beginners applique. This can be followed up with further workshops on embroidery stitches and hand appliqué, to create a unique small picture, or small lantern.
2. Hand embroidered Needlecase/make your own wearable art/brooch.
3. Breaking free: Free machine embroidery... drawing with thread. Make a small picture.
4. Getting Arty: Creating textile art using collage, layering techniques, fabric manipulation to create a textural picture or scene, using one of your own photographs, or some of mine for inspiration.
5. Applique on the machine. Free motion, and/or traditional appliqué. Or mix them up!
6. Beginners Wet Felting techniques.